When it comes to home design, one crucial room that can sometimes get overlooked is the bathroom. Sure, maybe you and your significant other are the only ones who use your master bedroom, and the kids don’t care what their bathroom looks like. But you owe it to yourself, your family and your guests to have a little something special in each room of your house. One easy and affordable way to do that is to update your bathroom mirrors in Hamilton, OH.
As a business that sells, installs and replaces bathroom mirrors in Hamilton, OH, we’ve seen all the different trendy and classic design ideas out there. To help you get started in brainstorming about your own bathroom mirrors, we’ve compiled this list of six of our favorite ideas. Read on to get your creative juices flowing:
- Pair with wallpaper: If you’re doing a more intensive redesign of your bathroom, you might consider ditching the tile and paint and going with a funky, unexpected print wallpaper for the bathroom. We know that might seem overwhelming, which is why pairing it with very simple, big bathroom mirrors to break up the chaos is the perfect move.
- Use illusions: If you’re growing tired of your cramped bathroom but don’t have the resources to make it bigger, the use of a few strategically placed bathroom mirrors will help make it feel larger to you and your guests. A mirror at the end of the tub will make it appear longer, and mirrors reflecting off each other will give a vast, unending feel to your bathroom.
- Lighting: Most people use their bathroom mirror to help them get ready for the day, which means that good lighting is important. Surrounding your mirror with circular vanity lights will lend some old school glamour to your bathroom, while LED lights will give it a more modern, even futuristic look. If you aren’t sure which lights are right for your bathroom mirror, consult a design expert about it.
- Mix shapes: Just because you have matching double sinks in your bathroom, that doesn’t mean you have to have perfectly matching double mirrors. Stick with a simple, basic design for both the mirrors, but use opposing shapes, such as circular and square, to give your bathroom a more bold, interesting look.
- Go for the metal: Although stainless steel is still the reigning champion when it comes to bathroom fixtures, bronze, chrome and sterling silver are all making a big comeback. If you’re switching out your bathroom’s fixtures, consider using one of these metals, and then match your mirror’s frame to them for an industrial chic look.
- Rustic wood: If you want to go to the other end of the spectrum, wood is always a classic, quality material for home design. If your bathroom has hardwood floors (or laminate that looks like hardwood), use a mirror with a wooden frame to tie the room together. You’ll wake up each morning feeling like you’re on vacation in a charming, rustic cabin.
For help with these bathroom mirror ideas and more, visit A Glass Contractors today!