Whether you’re remodeling one room or your entire home, we know that there are a lot of different factors and choices swirling around in your mind. From kitchen countertops to bathroom floors, remodeling is full of decisions, big and small. But in the midst of all these different considerations, one thing you should not lose sight of is your custom windows, and custom window panes, in Hamilton, OH.
As a business that provides custom window panes in Hamilton, OH, we’ve seen how a unique or well placed custom window can completely transform a room. We believe that windows offer a phenomenal purpose, both functionally and aesthetically, and we think every home remodel should involve some serious thought about windows. Here are just a few of the many design possibilities when it comes to custom windows and custom window panes in Hamilton, OH:
- Embrace curves: Who said windows had to be square? When you’re putting in new windows from scratch, you get to pick what shapes you want, and circular or curved windows are growing more and more popular. Strategically placing them together will help you achieve a design that is entirely your own.
- Think small: We know that lots of people want those big, floor to ceiling windows in their home, and we encourage it. But we also think there’s something to be said about a small window put in exactly the right place. A little window put in between bookshelves, in a nook with a bench or above your kitchen sink will add custom charm and comfort to your home.
- The big picture: That said, we think you should also consider the big, impressive windows, at least in one room of your house. This is especially worth it if you live in a woodsy, mountainous or otherwise picturesque area; you can use the great outdoors as your own free wall art.
- Curb appeal: When selecting your custom windows, remember that how they look from the outside is just as important as how they look on the inside. Pick windows that have the shape, size and placement to suit the particular architecture and layout of your home’s exterior. If you aren’t sure how to do this, ask a designer for help.
- It’s in the details: Diamond crosshatching, stained glass, tinted windows—it’s up to you to pick from the many different possibilities and choose the details that are right for the custom window panes in your Hamilton, OH home. Make sure you thoroughly go through all your options before settling on one, and also consult a designer to make sure the details go with the architecture and overall look of your home.
- Reflect your home’s quirks: If your kitchen ceiling has an unusual peak, tie that together to your kitchen window by giving it a similar peak. If your living room is unusually colorful, call back to that with antique stained glass windows. Whatever unique things you love about your house, you can probably show it with your windows.
Visit A Glass Contractors today to learn more about these and many other options for custom windows, window panes and much more.