Window replacement in Hamilton, OH goes beyond the aesthetics and into other issues, like efficiency, maintenance and safety. As much as some people want to make their home’s features and components last as long as they can, that is not always possible. If you are undecided about window replacement, consider whether you experience any of the following signs:
- Never-ending maintenance: If you are spending more time at the hardware store looking for window parts than enjoying hobbies you actually want to do, you likely suffer a serious window problem. Old windows require more maintenance, and if they are losing latches, constantly getting stuck or developing cracks, they are likely not here for the long haul. Investing in new windows will save your time and increase your enjoyment.
- Your windows look terrible: Frames warp and swell. You find mold and mildew growing among the seams. There is rot and moisture buildup, and when you have visitors, you hope they don’t decide to take in the view. No matter how much you clean the glass, it never seems clear enough. Aging makes your windows look terrible and sometimes, they can even be dangerous. When you just can’t keep them presentable anymore, it is time for replacements.
- It’s drafty: Drafts and uneven room temperature both indicate window inefficiency. The same is true if you hear whistling sounds on a windy day. Air leaks are not only annoying but can add extra pressure on your HVAC system, inflating utility bills. Also, if you have a chair or bed near the window, you will find you will get the brunt of the leaks, as you will get hit with hot air in the summer and cold air in the winter. There is no reason to keep leaking windows around with energy efficient options available and affordable.
- There’s a lot of condensation: Condensation forms on your windows when warm wet air comes in contact with cool dry air. It will form a curtain of fog and water drops which makes taking in your outdoor view difficult. This is a sign that cold air is leaking into your home and is frequently an issue with older window models.
- Your windows stick or don’t stay open: Windows in good condition are easy to open and close. They also stay open and do not require any props. If this is impossible, it is likely the frames are warped and there is no repair for this problem—only replacement.
- It’s just time for an upgrade: Windows considered efficient 10 years ago may not be up to standards now. If you wish to install more environmentally friendly features on your home or make an investment that will pay for itself with utility savings, upgrading your windows is a great step.
A Glass Contractors offers window replacement in Hamilton, OH for homes and businesses. If your glass is warped, compromised or letting in drafts, let us eliminate these issues by replacing your windows at your earliest convenience. Call us today to schedule an appointment.