If you are looking at making changes to your bathroom, you may want to consider frameless shower doors in Hamilton, OH. The framed styles are familiar and people become attached to them, but the frameless option offers advantages over the older styles. Here are six reasons why your next bathroom remodel investment should be frameless shower doors:
- Better construction: The conventional wisdom suggests that framed doors are stronger, but that is not really true. Frames require the use of thinner glass that is not reinforced on its own. This means there will be weak spots throughout the door that leave it vulnerable to breaking. While all shower doors are made with safety glass, you will likely end up spending any money you save on future repairs. The frameless design uses thicker glass that stands up better to stress.
- More options: While framed doors are often static in how they hang or swing, frameless doors are much more adjustable. If you need to modify your bathroom for accessibility because a household member has mobility issues, that is much easier with frameless doors. They can swing in or out or be designed with double hinges. This flexibility makes it easier to have the ultimate customized bathroom.
- Easy to clean: Frames create crevices that become the perfect home for mold and mildew. Unless you are willing to scrub with an old toothbrush, it is likely you will miss these spots and end up with your very own mold garden. Without frames, there are fewer places for fungus to grow. Also, a frameless door just needs a quick wipe-down with glass cleaner, thus saving you time while also eliminating the need to save your old toothbrushes for house cleaning tasks. You will enjoy easier maintenance and less unsightly growth in your shower.
- Long life: It is not a matter of if your frames corrode but when. Your shower is under the constant assault of water, and metal framing in that environment suffers the worst. Eventually, the frames will look unsightly and start to lose integrity. If you lose the frames, you have one less item to break and a longer-lasting shower. In fact, frameless doors last three to four times longer than framed doors, making them an excellent long-term investment.
- Goes with everything: Besides a more modern style then their framed counterparts, frameless doors work with almost every bathroom layout or preferred décor. When planning significant bathroom remodels, people will frequently choose frameless doors because they know that no matter what they choose for counters or fixtures, the frameless doors will still work out. This gives you one less detail to fuss over when changing your bathroom.
- Improved home value: If your home is on the market, attractive and low-maintenance framed doors will appeal to potential buyers. Also, with their durability and longevity, buyers will see that as one less thing to fix if they buy your house. You can definitely see these doors as an advantage if you’re a home seller.
Changing to frameless shower doors in Hamilton, OH is as simple as one phone call to A Glass Contractors. Let us know what you need and we will design the perfect glass shower doors for you.