Do you live in a small space? Whether your dwelling is an apartment, a rented room or a house with less square footage than you’d prefer, there is a simple way to change that without knocking down any walls—mirrors! Mirrors are excellent, affordable tools for making a smaller space appear larger. Not only are mirrors a must-have home decor wall accessory, you should also know they are versatile and come in many size, shape and color options. Do you have pieces that can benefit from mirror repair in Hamilton, OH before displaying? Give A Glass Contractors a call.
Without further ado, here are six ways to position mirrors to open up a room:
- Place a mirror across from a window: Do you have a large glass window or a door across from a plain wall? Like full mirror paneled closet doors that face toward exterior glass bedroom doors, the sunlight coming in will bounce off the mirror to brighten up a space, as well as show the reflection of parts of the room. That boring wall will disappear in an instant.
- Turn a mirror on its side: To create a small effect on a room, take long skinny mirrors or those with a long oval shape and turn them on their sides to hang horizontally. This longer look tricks the eye into thinking the wall is longer than it actually is.
- Group mirrors together: We would all love to own a gigantic, attention-grabbing mirror, but the truth is that, the bigger the mirror, the higher the price tag. Instead, pick out a few smaller mirrors, paint their frames to match each other and then cluster them together in an organized manner on the wall. Another perk of small individual mirrors is that mirror repair in Hamilton, OH will be much easier.
- Put one behind a sofa: Many people don’t think to hang anything on the wall behind a sofa, but a big framed mirror can do wonders for filling in empty wall space—and it’s likely to open up the rest of the room. It’s aesthetically pleasing, while at the same time a unique choice for a wall hanging. In other words, a mirror is a great alternative to hanging art or installing a window.
- Use one as a headboard: There is no style rule stating you must have a headboard, but they sure do add to the look of a bedroom. Consider playing around with alternatives to the traditional headboard, like a tall, wide mirror with a frame painted in a color that will flow with the rest of the bedroom.
- Add mirrors to door paneling: Whether you have solid closet doors or your home office can use a little sprucing up, adding mirrors can create the look of extra depth and openness. Get mirrors in shapes that are similar to the doors and use the door itself as a frame. You can also install several smaller mirrors to fit around door handles and built-in designs.
In the market for mirror repair in Hamilton, OH? Contact the mirror and glass experts at A Glass Contractors today!